Thursday, June 16, 2011

Can't spoil the ending for you...

Boy, did the City of Bones take a change last night when I was reading!  I don't want to spoil the ending for you, but wow--I was sucked in and couldn't stop reading (until the book hit me in the face because I fell asleep.)

I just can't help think how much more rounded the characters are in this book compared to Twilight.  Do you agree with me or am I totally off base here?

Headed to the library again today.  Need to find a book to help me with tutoring a student who is a second language learner.  Cale has read 1 hour already (miracle!) for his reading program.  He's excited to get the Sonic coupon.

1 comment:

  1. My two recent reads:
    "Crossing the Tracks" by Barbara Stuber, historical fiction about a 15-yr-old girl sent away for the summer by her father to work as a nursemaid for an elderly farm lady. Really cool because the author lives in Kansas City (like me) and the story is set in Kansas & Missouri.

    "What Happened to Goodbye" by Sarah Dessen, fiction, about a girl torn between her divorced parents and constant moves to new towns. If you have loved a Dessen book before, you'll love this one too. Or if you've ever struggled as the 'new kid in town' and/or moved around a lot, you'll relate to the main character.

    ReplyDelete