Tuesday, June 21, 2011

I am a nerd.

So I started Is It Day or Night? Sunday.  And I finished it last night.  Before I go into how nerdy I am, let me tell you a little about this book.

If you liked Night this year, you will love this book.  Although the beginning is a little slow, the main character, Tiddy, shows readers what it was like for German Jews who actually escaped to America and had to deal with leaving their loved ones behind.  I never really thought about the people who escaped--what they had to go through.  And she pays dearly for her escape.

This historical fiction book talks about events in the 1930's and 1940's...giving me information and a feel for what life was life then.  She talks a lot about baseball and the White Sox.

So the nerdy part for me is that I read it in 1 day.  Not sure that's happened before for a long, long time.

I recommend this book.  It's quick, enlightening, heart-warming.  The main character is real and belivable.  Check it out today.  You won't be disappointed.

What to do now?  I head to the library at 10 for tutoring...got plans to check out a couple more books.  What are your book plans?

1 comment:

  1. I have added "Is it Day or Night?" to my Amazon wish list! "Night" is one of my absolute favorite books so I'm excited to read this!
    Loving your blog, btw! :D

    ReplyDelete