Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Just great reading!

So City of Ashes is pretty slow, so I put it down and waited for Laurel to finish Hate List (which is a book from the list on the right).  She LOVED it, so I was really looking forward to it.  And it's already due next week....

I started Hate List last night and it is certainly worth the wait.  It's about a school shooting, and it goes back in forth in time which is a bit confusing so far.  Laurel said it takes some time to get used to it.  I'm not very far into it, but it pulled me in right away.  I could really identify with the characters immediately.  What I've already learned is no matter much you hate (and you shouldn't), don't write it down on a list, cause that list will surface one day and you'll look bad--like really bad.  That's a good theme, huh?

I reserved and picked up Uglies and Stealing Heaven this morning (the right Stealing Heaven this time).  Laurel is excited to get started on one.  Can anyone recommend which one she should try first?

What are you reading now?  Is it good?

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed The Hate List, although I thought it was a little anti-climatic. However, it has a really good overall message. Nineteen Minutes is a Jodi Picoult book that is similar to The Hate List. It's long, but worth it. Stealing Heaven and Uglies are very different books. Uglies is more Science Fiction, but really fun science fiction, and Stealing Heaven is a little more chic litty (?). Scott Westerfeld is coming to the St. Louis Public Libraries in September or October. I’m really excited. I think he would be an interesting one to go see, so if Laurel really likes it, you could take her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome info, Mrs. Brockman! I think I'd like to go to the author event. Any other students want to go???

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter, H, read Hate List. Loved it. Recommended it to me, but we had to return it to the library. Nineteen Minutes is a great book! Loved that. Cath, I'm not a student, but I'd love to go to an author event. Let me know...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nineteen Minutes is a great book....I recommended to Laurel that she read that one next!

    ReplyDelete